- Welcome to Biotopia.
- Biotopia is an online community and resource building wiki intended to support a forthcoming ecology-specific art project called Biotope. As the project grows the wiki will join the location of the project this summer where visitors will be invited to contribute. After the conclusion of the art project, the wiki will intentionally expand to explore ways in which art, environment, technology, design and the public intersect through article and art work contributions. The public is available to contribute at anytime, however the wiki will roll out intentional scheduled phases.
- Phase 1 | Research
- Start Date: March 6, 2015
- Objective: To collect research for the project.
- Access: Wiki is available for public viewing and contribution.
- Phase 2 | Stewardship
- Start Date: June 1, 2015 to August 31, 2015
- Objective: To engage visitors of art project on the site with Biotopia as an interactive educational tool for increasing stewardship awareness.
- Access: Wiki will be available for public viewing and contribution with a special emphasis on site visitors.
- Phase 3 | Public
- Start Date: September 1, 2015
- Objective: To engage visitors of Biotopia from online worldwide locations as an encyclopedic tool seeking and sharing information on the intersecting points between art, environment, technology, design and the public via open calls for articles and art.
- Access: Wiki will be available for public viewing and contribution with a special emphasis on worldwide contributions.
- Biotopia is part of a larger project called Biotope. Biotope is a proposal for an eco-specific floating sculpture of flora for fauna intended to advocate for stewardship of a riparian zone along the Schuylkill River next to Bartram's Garden in Philadelphia, PA in connection with Mary Mattingly's WetLand.